Digital Project Director
About Living Group
At Living we make a difference. A difference for our clients, our people and the communities we work in. We employ smart thinking and industry insight to create positive outcomes for our clients in the financial, professional services and technology sectors.
With offices in London, Hong Kong and New York our specialists’ deep understanding of our clients’ sectors means we challenge thinking, inspire ambition, and deliver meaningful change across their organisations through effective and integrated brand, digital and marketing communications.
About the position of Digital Project Director
With 7+ years relevant digital experience, preferably in a corporate communications environment, the Digital Project Director will be required to oversee and manage the full digital project lifecycle, from initial scoping, planning, estimating and scheduling, through to co-ordinating information architecture, user experience, digital design, coding and testing. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth running of a range of digital projects including websites, online tools, apps, digital advertising, email campaigns, video and animation.
The position reports to:
Group Account Director.
Overall, the position holder will:
- Lead the day-to-day management of Living’s digital accounts, ensuring our clients are receiving the highest individual attention and ensuring that we deliver, as a team, projects on time, on budget and on brief
- Overseeing the development of each digital account and increasing the volume of work when appropriate. Spotting and developing opportunities with our clients, turning projects into accounts
- Maintain up to date understanding of spend on projects so as to feedback accurate position in sales sheet
- Mentor junior members of the digital account team
- Actively seek new business opportunities, bringing them to the attention of the senior team.
Specific duties include:
- Day-to-day management of a range of digital projects including complex websites, innovative rich media campaigns, search and social media
- Working with the senior team to predict revenues and forthcoming prospects from each client and have the ability to determine and manage the financial performance of projects
- Scoping of digital projects with clients, understanding their individual requirements and creating accurate documentation
- Ensuring all project plans are inputted on Living’s Management Information System and imported to estimate stage for the finance team
- Provide end-to-end project management throughout the project life cycle from initial scoping phase, through planning, estimating & budgeting, scheduling, design & development and full implementation
- Facilitating the definition and planning of functional and technical specifications
- Effectively planning and prioritising deliverables and resources with Traffic/Studio Manager, ensuring requirements are clearly communicated and executed
- Creation of architecture and interaction models that will guide and define the user experience for multiple digital channels
- Delivering expertise within digital specialty supporting the client teams in a consultancy capacity to help them shape Living’s digital offering
- Supporting on-going business development activity, involvement in presentations and client visits
- Understand spend on projects so as to feedback accurate position for sales reporting.
- Highly proficient in MS Word and Excel, on Mac and PC
- Working knowledge of digital design and production software
- Knowledge of standard UX software, e.g. Axure Pro.
Overall, the Digital Project Director is expected to:
- Have an excellent understanding of commercial processes, delivering profitable projects every time
- Be confident working alongside the technical team to specify and document technical solutions
- Have an excellent understanding of web projects and implementation methodologies
- Have the ability to highlight project risks at the appropriate stage of the project
- Have the ability to manage changing business and technical requirements
- Be expert at own time management and setting own and others work goals
- Be authoritative and efficient – able to direct others confidently
- Be able to have tough conversations with our team and with our clients
- Have a very good understanding of wider usability and accessibility constraints and opportunities within the industry and the ability to draw on expertise to continually improve in this area
- Have a very good understanding and knowledge of web standards, accessibility and compatibility issues
- Be familiar with multiple technology platforms i.e. mobile apps, web, email and streaming media
- Have good numeracy skills for estimating, scheduling, production and invoicing purposes
- Have exceptional communication skills – both internally and client facing
- Be able to demonstrate an informed opinion about the digital marketplace
- Be forward thinking, with an ability to innovate and leverage technology as it evolves
- Be analytical with great attention to detail, ensuring consistent improvement in the quality of our output
- Finally, understand all aspects of Living’s offering.
Digital Project Directors are different from Digital Account Directors in these ways:
A DPD naturally builds a peer-to-peer relationship with a client or quickly turns around a purchasing based relationship into a peer-to-peer relationship
Using the peer-to-peer relationship a DPD can confidently say no to a client, working the relationship in our favour and ensuring that we avoid scope creep.
Review periods and feedback mechanisms:
Performance appraisals conducted by the Group Account Director – twice a year.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.