Digital Project Manager
About Living Group
At Living we make a difference. A difference for our clients, our people and the communities we work in. We employ
smart thinking and industry insight to create positive outcomes for our clients in the financial, professional services and technology sectors.
With offices in London, Hong Kong and New York our specialists’ deep understanding of our clients’ sectors means we challenge thinking, inspire ambition, and deliver meaningful change across their organisations through effective and integrated brand, digital and marketing communications.
About the position of Digital Project Manager
With 3+ years relevant digital experience, preferably in a corporate communications environment, the Digital Project Manager will be required to help manage the full digital project lifecycle from initial scoping, planning, estimating and scheduling, through to co-ordinating information architecture, user experience, digital design, coding and testing. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth running of a range of digital projects including websites, online tools, apps, digital advertising, email campaigns, video and animation.
The position reports to:
Digital Project Director (day-today) and Group Account Director who oversees the Account Team.
Overall, the position holder will:
Provide end-to-end project management throughout the project life cycle from initial scoping phase, through planning, estimating & budgeting, scheduling, design & development and full implementation
Provide account management support for the Digital Project Director.
Specific duties include:
- Scope digital projects with clients, with the assistance of the Digital Project Director and Technical team where required, understanding technical requirements and creating accurate documentation, including creative design briefs, functional specifications and site maps
- Produce appropriate documentation in support of digital projects including project plans, risk logs, issue logs, requirements specification, resourcing plans and profile, budgets and standard project communications
- Input to and organise testing to guarantee quality of delivery to client
- Manage resource planning and raise issues (I.e. under / over resourcing, project slip, scope creep, etc.)
- Write internal and external periodic project / client reports
- Ensure projects are delivered to the highest quality within agreed timings and costs whilst also managing client’s expectations
- Anticipating potential project problems and dependencies, and effectively suggest solutions or contingency plans
- Scope digital projects, with input from the Digital Project Director where required, for clients and the senior team, understanding their individual requirements and creating accurate documentation
- Capture time on projects, ensuring the correct time is being inputted by the team and being aware of budgets
- Ensure all project plans are inputted on Living’s Management Information System and imported to estimate stage for the Finance team
- Facilitate the definition and planning of functional specifications, together with the Digital Project Director.
- Highly proficient in MS Word and Excel, on Mac and PC
- Working knowledge of digital design and production software
- Knowledge of standard UX software
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (not essential).
Overall, the Digital Project Manager is expected to:
- Have a good understanding of commercial processes, delivering profitable projects every time
- Promote Agile methodologies, including continuous integration and test-driven deployment
- Have an excellent understanding of web projects and implementation methodologies
- Have the ability to highlight project risks at the appropriate stage of the project
- Have the ability to manage changing business and technical requirements
- Have a very good understanding and knowledge of web standards, accessibility and compatibility issues
- Be familiar with multiple technology platforms i.e. mobile apps, web, email and streaming media
- Have good numeracy skills for estimating, scheduling, production and invoicing purposes
- Have exceptional communication skills – both internally and client facing
- Be able to demonstrate an informed opinion about the digital marketplace
- Forward thinking, with an ability to innovate and leverage technology as it evolves
- Be analytical with great attention to detail, ensuring consistent improvement in the quality of our output
- Finally, understand all aspects of Living’s offering.
Review periods and feedback mechanisms:
Performance appraisals conducted by the Digital Project Director with input by the Group Account Director – twice a year.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.